Monday, August 10, 2009

Working with limited supplies



This past weekend I got to spend some time with my fellow Stampin' Up! demonstrators at a mini-convention in Portage. It was such fun. I love hanging out with these girls. I eventually remembered to use my best behavior after getting slugged once and the threat of soap to the mouth. Thank you, Debra, for having us and putting so much work into this. Thank you, Emma and Lorien for helping her. And thank you to all the ladies who attended. It was so nice getting to know you better.

Usually when I travel somewhere to stamp or scrapbook, I bring WAY to much stuff. You know... I might need that color I've only used once in the last five years or the 3 year old package of eyelets that is still unopened. Not this time. I had nothing other than my make and take and my swap planned. So I decided to just pick a color scheme and a couple of sets to go with it. I stepped way out of my box and went with pinks and black instead of pink and brown. I'm getting bolder by the second. These are what came of it. All I brought was three stamp sets (one of which was only sentiments), paper and ink from my color scheme, a few punches, and a few matching embellishments. I'm pretty happy with the results.







All products are Stampin' Up!
3 squares friend to friend

Stamps - Teeny Tiny Wishes, For All You Do

Paper - Whisper White, Pretty in Pink, Melon Mambo

Accessories - Scallop edge punch, Word window punch, modern label punch, crystal brads, black ribbon


3 butterflies

Stamps - Flight of the Butterfly, Teeny Tiny Wishes

Ink - Black Stazon

Paper - Pretty in Pink, Melon Mambo, Basic Black, Whisper White

Accessories - Curly Label Punch, Butterfly Punch, Scallop edge punch, black grosgrain ribbon, crystal brad



2 comments:

  1. Beautiful my friend -- I should challenge myself to do this more often!! Love these :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! Purty cards too. So glad you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete