Thursday, February 5, 2009

A headless chicken creates



Okay, this is what I came up with for the PTI challenge after my...ahem...episode. Thankfullly, my brainfart link was deleted, but I realized that after I had already run around like a chicken with my head off trying to come up with something. This could have been a very fun challenge if I had meant to be doing it. LOL. At any rate, this is what I came up with. I needed a birthday gift for MIL anyway. Randi, I hope you don't google me and find this today. I didn't have a template so I made one with 12x12 paper to fit these 4x6 photos so that I didn't have to crop them. I just mounted the photos on some cardstock and stuck them together with a ring and they'll go in this little purse. I hope she likes it. I was winging it, but I can come up with measurements for you if you want or need them. A little begging wouldn't hurt. Now go give this challenge a try. http://nicholeheady.typepad.com/capture_the_moment/ Who knows? You might win something cool. I think I may just do another one.


Stamps - PTI Beautiful Blooms

Ink - SU! Baja Breeze, Certainly Celery, and Basic Grey PTI Lemon Tart, Summer Sunrise

Paper - Baja Breeze, Vanilla, Basic Grey, Certainly Celery, Kraft

Accessories - Scallop edge punch, Marvy Scallop circle, jumbo eyelets, ribbon



9 comments:

  1. How cute!!!! I definitely need some instructions on how you did this!!!!! PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE. Pretty please with sugar, whipped cream, and a cherry on top!!! (Is that enough begging!!) LOL!!!

    You did a really great job with this. I'm sure your MIL will love it. (I really want to see the pictures of your handsome boys!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty papers and colors on this! a fun photo holder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For a dorky moment, this sure yielded an AWESOME project my dear...(I know you like that word ;) ) I love this - and your MIL will too!! FABULOUS thinking fast my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty, Laura! What a wonderful gift idea! You ROCK and the DORKS ROCK, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there!! Love your bag for the challenge.
    YOu aren't the only dork.. I linked directly to my blog and then had to reenter to my project only... Let's just say Dorks rule!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laura- you constantly amaze me! Whatever you are on, I want some, too! HOW in the world you whip stuff out like this- so quickly, too- is beyond me! I love this little gift and I know your MIL will, too. The pic of you and your guys is awesome- can we see the others?
    As for begging, I would like to think as your buddy who has a guest bed in my studio with your name on it (not to mention an "in" at Disneyland, lol!) I rank high enough so I need not beg. Just give me the darn measurements and instructions, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great bag Laura! It's amazing how well a headless chicken can create. I hope MIL doesn't see it until you give it to her. Good for you for making something for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. If this is the kind of work you produce while running around, minus your head, I am in awe! Your MIL will love this and the pictures stored inside. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really cool! Like it as another neat way to give photos that is not just a stack of photos in a drugstore photo lab envelope. hehehe! Good luck on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete